Thursday, August 15, 2013

Yarn Bombing the 'Burgh

from http://knitthebridge.wordpress.com/2013/08/14/the-bridge-goes-up/
photo by Annette Sandberg

I'm decidedly NOT a fan of yarn bombing.  This latest craze of covering anything and everything with knitwear just seems like a waste of good yarn to me.  Sorry.

However, I am very impressed with the Knit the Bridge project in Pittsburgh.  A local community group got permission from the city to cover one of the city's (many) bridges in knitted panels.  The finished result is really amazing.  Check out all the photos here

I lived in Pittsburgh for 9 years and loved it.  And this project reminds me of what I loved so much about the city.  There is a real sense of community among the people there, especially artists.  There's always something fun, exciting, and creative going on.  I miss it!

Congrats to the artists and community members involved in this project on a beautiful and successful yarn bombing.  You've made a convert out of me!! :)

And on the subject of knitting - I've recently added a new article on my Hubpages:  The Best FREE Websites for Knitters & Crocheters.  Check it out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment