Friday, December 21, 2012
Just for you - a little something special :)
I've posted a new free pattern on my Hubpage for this knitted flower. This is a quick knit and easy to assemble. And it uses two of my favorite materials: scrap yarn and vintage buttons!
My pattern includes directions on turning your flower into a pin, but you can really use these flowers as decoration on sweaters, hats, household items, whatever. And you can change up the look of your flower with your choice of yarn and buttons.
I hope you enjoy this pattern!
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
I've added some knitting articles to my Hubpages blog that I thought might be of interest to you :)
How to Pick the Right Yarn for Your Knitting Project
How to Pick a Sweater Pattern
A Review of A Stitch in Time, Vols 1 & 2 (knitting books)
I hope these articles are of interest and help to some of you. I'll be posting some new patterns in the next few weeks!
Friday, December 7, 2012
I really do love the winter holiday season. Yes, it comes earlier every year. Yes, it's a lot of rushing around. But I love the decorating, the food, and doing something special for those you love.
Here are some crafts, gifts, and recipes to make your holidays a little more merry :)
1. I made this needle felted reindeer decoration (above) for my knitting group's handmade ornament exchange (we had a blast). It was my first time needle felting, and I enjoyed it. I've posted my notes and instructions here.
2. Knitty.com has a great list of gift ideas for knitters. These gifts include storage containers (always needed and appreciated), magazine holders, and design materials. These ideas are items you don't always think about, but every knitter wants and needs!
3. In case you missed it, I've just posted a new FREE holiday-themed knitting pattern for my Reindeer Tracks Cowl (I must have reindeers on the mind).
4. I always love it when someone gives me something I can't splurge on myself. Here's a review of the much desired and beautiful A Stitch in Time (Vols. 1 & 2) knitting books. Any vintage knitting fan would love these books!
5. What would the holidays be without food and entertaining? Here are a few of my favorite recipes for parties and little get-togethers:
Warm Eggplant Parmesan Dip (so good!)
Easy Meatball and Pepperoni Pasta Bake
Quick Salsa Cheese Dip
Hope these ideas fill your heart with warmth and cheer!
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
My Textured Fingerless Mitts pattern!! Yay! My pattern won the Rising Star competition on Hubpages!!
And what did I win, you ask? A "virtual" trophy! And bragging rights for a little while :)
Thanks SO MUCH to everyone who voted! I really appreciate your support!
Check out my Hubpage for more free knitting patterns and craft ideas!