Friday, December 7, 2012
Friday Favorites: The Holiday Season
I really do love the winter holiday season. Yes, it comes earlier every year. Yes, it's a lot of rushing around. But I love the decorating, the food, and doing something special for those you love.
Here are some crafts, gifts, and recipes to make your holidays a little more merry :)
1. I made this needle felted reindeer decoration (above) for my knitting group's handmade ornament exchange (we had a blast). It was my first time needle felting, and I enjoyed it. I've posted my notes and instructions here.
2. Knitty.com has a great list of gift ideas for knitters. These gifts include storage containers (always needed and appreciated), magazine holders, and design materials. These ideas are items you don't always think about, but every knitter wants and needs!
3. In case you missed it, I've just posted a new FREE holiday-themed knitting pattern for my Reindeer Tracks Cowl (I must have reindeers on the mind).
4. I always love it when someone gives me something I can't splurge on myself. Here's a review of the much desired and beautiful A Stitch in Time (Vols. 1 & 2) knitting books. Any vintage knitting fan would love these books!
5. What would the holidays be without food and entertaining? Here are a few of my favorite recipes for parties and little get-togethers:
Warm Eggplant Parmesan Dip (so good!)
Easy Meatball and Pepperoni Pasta Bake
Quick Salsa Cheese Dip
Hope these ideas fill your heart with warmth and cheer!