Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Top Ten Local Yarn Store Names

logo for Ball & Skein from their website


I love to visit local yarn stores (LYSs) when I'm traveling. Its always great to see the different products that different stores carry and how the merchandise is displayed. I particularly like stores with great names. I lean toward LYSs with cute and clever names, and I love a good play on words.

I've put together a list of the best names I've come across. I'm not receiving any compensation from listing these stores. I don't have any relationship to any of them. In fact, I've only been to a couple of them (which I've indicated with an * ). These LYSs are on this list solely based on their names. I've included links to their websites if you want more information about them.

Top 10 Local Yarn Store Names
 

1. Knit and Stitch = Bliss in Bethesda, MD

2. Yarnia in Portland, OR
3. Ball & Skein* in Kennebunk, ME

4. Knitorious in St. Louis, MO


5. (tie) We're in Stitches (no website) and We'll Keep You in Stitches, both in Chicago


6. Yarntopia in New York City


7. TheTaming of the Ewe in Gadsden, AL


8. Yarnivore in San Antonio, TX


9. Strings& Strands in Atlanta, GA


10. Purl's Yarn Emporium* in Asheville, NC


 
Honorable Mentions


Twisted in Portland, OR

String in New York City

Bad Woman Yarn in Seattle, WA

I have a dream (more like a daydream) of opening a yarn store in Maine when I retire.  And I've already got a great name for it!  But I'm keeping it a secret :)

No comments:

Post a Comment