Monday, July 30, 2012

Sakura, or How I Learned to Love this Top


It's taken a long time to post, but I finished my Sakura Tee from the Summer 2012 Interweave Knits about a month ago.  I knew when I started this pattern that this top was not the best choice for me.  These boxy tops with no side shaping seem to draw attention to my hips and make my chest look like that of a 12 year old boy.  Not a good look for me :(  But I still loved the design, and I had some cotton yarn in my stash that would work for the pattern, so I decided to give it a go.

I still think the shape is not the best for me, but the top has grown on me.  I like the relaxed feel of it and I think the pattern is unexpected.  The construction was unusual too and it was fun to knit.

It was not fun, however, to try and photograph.  Three different photo sessions, three different necklaces (variety is the spice of life), a very patient husband, and still not a good photo to be had.
Ugh, my face is blurry

Maybe a flash will help?
Why does my hair look green?

Time to move on to the next project :)

No comments:

Post a Comment