Well, it has taken a while, much longer than I expected, but I finally finished (almost) my modified version of the Modern Lace Henley from Knitty.As you may recall, I wanted to make a lace crewneck pullover similar to this sweater from the J Crew website (it no longer seems to be available), using some Knitpicks Comfy I had from a previously frogged project.
So here's the deal - my gauge was no where near the gauge for the pattern. Doing some math, I figured that I could cast on for the x-small size with a #7 needle and get the size I needed for my hips. I followed the decreases laid out in the pattern, but switched to a #6 needle at the waist to tighten up the width for my chest measurement. I changed the top to a crewneck, lengthened the body to 22 inches, and made the sleeves 3/4 length. If I were to re-think this project, I might try to figure out the math to knit the body of the sweater in the round (though the decreases would be a nightmare). If this was knitted in the round, the finished sweater might have more of a bias fit, more like to J Crew sweater. But I'm NOT planning to re-knit this whole sweater. Not now, not ever :)
I followed another Raveller's suggestion and deleted 1 pattern repeat for the cast on for the sleeves, starting with 50 stitches. Big mistake for me - my sleeves are too tight and are pulling, particularly at the shoulders. Sometime (not now, but hopefully before summer is over) I'm going to re-knit the sleeves, following the cast on stitches as suggested by the pattern. I'm also going to fiddle with the top of the sleeve - I don't like how its fitting into the sweater.
Overall, very happy :) This sweater is very comfy and soft. (And I still love the color!!!)