Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Some new buttons, a new sweater, and a surprise

This past week I've been busy buying things and I'm very excited with my haul so far.

I bought some (more) vintage buttons, and I really love these.  I can't seem to get a good photo of them, but they are black cut glass with a purpley-blue iridescent glaze.  I bought some purple variegated dk yarn at Stitches South to make a lace cardigan with and I think these buttons will be really beautiful on it  - when I actually start knitting the sweater :)

And I started a knitted tank top using the variegated bamboo dk I blogged about previously (see here).  I chose the broken rib pattern because I think the variegated yarn might do something really interesting at the neckline, but I'm still not sure I like what the yarn is doing through the body.

Lastly, I just preordered A Stitch in Time, Volume 2, which features vintage knitting patterns from 1930 to 1959.  I have Volume 1, and although I haven't made any of the patterns, I can spend hours look through this book.  And the preorder comes with a bunch of other goodies!!  I can't wait to receive this package!!!

Well, I have to get back to my knitting.  I want to finish this broken rib tank in time for my wedding anniversary next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment