Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Latest Knitting Project: Swingy Cabled Tee

Jewel Neck Tee by Gayle Bunn © Westminster Fibers Yarn, 2013

A few months ago, I laid out a carefully constructed plan for my future knitting projects.  Well, of course, it's all going to heck in a hand basket.

One part of my plan was to use up my leftover Berroco Vintage yarn by knitting Andee Fagan's Standing Stone Cowl.  I really love this pattern, but I've hemmed and hawed over whether I'd ever really wear it (though as I look at the photos again, I'm thinking about it once more).

Then I found Gayle Bunn's Jewel Neck Tee (photo above).  This tee has one of the prettiest cable patterns I've ever seen.  And I think I will get a lot more wear from a tee than I would from a poncho.

So now I've set out to make some modifications to knit this tee:
  • I'm casting on for a wider bottom hem to give this top more of a swingy shape
  • Doing more decreases as I work to the chest to form a loose A-line shape.
  • Removing the ribbing that runs up the back.
  • Removing the ribbing from the sleeves.  I don't really like it.  I may knit looser drapey sleeves.
I'll post updates as I move along with knitting this cabled top.

No comments:

Post a Comment