Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Lace Scarf Patterns: It's Like Déjà vu All Over Again

I know I must have written about searching for lace scarf patterns before.  It seems that every summer I'm looking for a lightweight lace pattern to make a pretty accessory to add to my wardrobe.


Well, this year is like all the others.  I bought this Caron Simply Soft Light (sport weight) in this pretty peacock color to make a scarf to go with my fall jacket.  My new fall jacket is a quilted jacket in olive that I bought on sale for $20.  And I love it.  I wore it all the time last year.  But now I need a scarf to wear with it :)

I think a lightweight scarf will be the perfect solution, and lace scarves are great to knit in summer months - easy to transport and not too hot to handle.  Ravelry is, of course, full of wonderful pattern options.  Here are my top contenders, in no particular order (they're all free patterns):

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/white-diamonds-lace-scarf
First up, the White Diamonds Lace Scarf by Rachel Leverton:  I love the geometric design on this scarf and how the ends have a different structure than the body of the scarf.  I think this scarf could easily be dressed up, or worn more casually.  I'm seriously thinking about this pattern. 

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bear-claw-scarfette
Next, the Bear Claw Scarflette by Olga Buray-Kefelian:  another beautiful lace design, but might be more dressy than what I'm looking for.  I still love this pattern and might knit it another time, in a different, softer color.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rivulet
Then there's Rivulet by Heather Asbeck:  I just found this pattern the other day and I really love it.  It might be just what I'm looking for :)

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lace-ribbon-scarf
And last but not least, Lace Ribbon Scarf, an old favorite, by Veronik Avery:  I knit this scarf pattern a number of years ago as one of my first lace projects.  I loved how it came out, but I donated it to the Red Scarf Project, along with some other scarves.  I've always loved this pattern, and it might be time to make another one for myself :)  I think it would look great with some long fringe on the ends.

So, those are my choices for now, but I haven't made a decision yet.  Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment