Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Free Knitting Pattern: Color Field Baby Blanket

As promised, here is my latest free knitting pattern:  the Color Field Baby Blanket.  Baby blankets are always a great handmade gift for new parents.  A blanket is very useful, and a baby doesn't grow out of it as soon as clothes or other gifts.
 I designed this pattern to be fun and colorful, and adaptable to match any personal taste or nursery decor.  For my blanket, I used the detail color of my first block as the background color of the next block, and transitioned through 6 colors that way to make my design.  However, this blanket could also be knit in just two colors (it would be beautiful using a variegated or striping yarn as the background and a solid color as the detail throughout; or - do the reverse.  Use one solid color as the background, and a variegated or striping yarn as the detail!)
I love how this blanket came out.  I hope you like it too :)  You can find my other free knitting patterns and articles on Hubpages

No comments:

Post a Comment