Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Knit-tastic Christmas



I just have to share some photos and info about all of my exciting knit-related holiday gifts :)

First, the yarn:

I picked out these beauties from esty.com.  My husband bought me the red ball (on the right) from Glass Moon Designs and Woolpops.  Its a worsted weight merino that I can't wait to swatch so I can see what the color does.
My parents bought me the other skein from Lola Doodles.  Its dk weight and so soft.  Both are hand-painted.  I need to find just the right pattern to display the beautful colors in both these yarns :)

And then, the books:

 
My Mom picked up a copy of Katharina Buss's Big Book of Knitting at a library book sale.  Knowing my Mom, I bet she paid less than a buck for it :)  It seems to have a lot of basic information and illustrations, along with a good selection of stitch patterns.  I find these types of books are good to have on your shelf when you have questions or are looking for some ideas for a pattern.  Thanks, Mom!!

My brother-in-law gave me a copy of Teva Durham's Loop-d-Loop Lace book, which I've wanted since it came out.  (He's great about getting exactly what I want).  This book has absolutely gorgeous lace patterns in it.  I wish I could make each and every pattern in this book and wear them someplace wonderful, but I'm happy just flipping through the designs.  There is a simple funky eyelet tee that I think I will make soon.  I'm sure I would get a lot of wear out of this versatile top.  Thank you, Robert :)

And then my hubby gave me Knit Extraordinaire, a new book from Leisure Arts (its cheaper through Amazon, though).  I saw this book advertised in some knitting magazine a few months ago.  I don't think the patterns are on Ravelry, but I love the skirts in this book (Leisure Arts website has some photos posted of some of the patterns).   

Thanks to everyone for these great gifts!  I'm excited to dig in to some new projects!!  Hope this holiday season brought you exactly what you wanted too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment