Sunday, April 17, 2016

Tops, Tees, & Tanks Knit-a-long: Summer Lace Top

169-20 Erica Singlet by Drops Design

It's time once again for Very Shannon's Tops, Tees, & Tanks Knit-a-long, or TTTKAL.  #TTTKAL #TTTKAL16

I was going to pass on this year's KAL until I came across this grouping of lace tops by Drops. All of these are free knitting patterns.

170-18 All Smiles by Drops Design

 The first top I came across was All Smiles.  I really love the summery design of this lace top and the square placket on the front, but I knew this boxy shape would not look good on me.  I was beginning to consider trying to modify this top to be more shapely, when I came across this other pattern:

169-19 Erica Top by Drops Design

This is 169-19 Erica Top by Drops, the short-sleeves version of the tank at the top of this page.  This Erica Top is pretty similar to the All Smiles top but is more fitted.  I like the lace design on All Smiles more, but I think the shape of the Erica Top or tank will look much better on me.

So I've decided to knit one of the Ericas for this KAL.  I'm using "I Love This Cotton!" yarn from Hobby Lobby in a dark forest green.  I knew I wanted to use 100% cotton for this summer knit and the Hobby Lobby brand is a nice economical choice.  I'm a tad off gauge for this pattern, so I'm moving up a size to compensate.

I don't plan to do any modifications... yet.  I still haven't decided between the tank or the short-sleeved top.  I think this would look best with a little lace cap sleeve, so I might just add an eyelet extension for a small sleeve.  Updates and more notes to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment