Thursday, October 17, 2013

Recession Knitting

There's comes a time in every knitter's life when you've collected enough leftover skeins of yarn from previous projects to knit a completely new item, or many new items.  I have now reached this point.  So, for the next few months, I am going to focus on some knitting projects just using my leftover yarn.

I know I've said this before, but I am committed to saving some money and not buying any more yarn until I've made a serious dent in my collection of leftovers.


First up, this bamboo dk I bought a few years ago at Stitches South.  I've used this yarn for other projects, then frogged them, then repeat.  It's pretty beat up and I'm not really sure how much of it I have left.  But I'm using it to knit the Theresa Shawl from from the Fall 2013 issue of Knitscene.  Actually, I'm almost done with this shawl, and I love it!


Then there's this assortment of worsted weight merino from various projects.  I have enough yarn between the three colors to make a vest.  I plan to knit a short-sleeved striped sweater with a lace circular yoke.  This is a pattern I'm kind of pulling together from a couple of different sources and I'll be knitting this as part of a Big Bang Theory knit-a-long.  What fun! :)


I have some blue variegated wool leftover from making a hat, scarf, and mitts set for my husband.  I'll be using this to make a set of my textured fingerless mitts.  I gave away the other pair I made and want to make another sample.
 

Then there's this soft gray merino and decorative ladder yarn  - I have a new pattern in mind for these that I hope to have ready to share in a few weeks!

There are some other bits and bobs that I hope to put to use too - but I haven't laid out a plan for them.  Do you try to use up your leftover yarn?



2 comments:

  1. The multicolor yarn in the first pic is super pretty. I also love the rainbow decorative ladder yarn in the last pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! I appreciate you stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete